What is a Google Business page? Why do voiceovers need one? Please read on…
What is a Google Business page?
A Google Business page is the part that appears on the right hand side of a google search window. It helps other people to find out who you are and what you do.
Why do I need a Google Business page?
1. It’s essential for your SEO
The biggest reason to get a google business profile set up and accurate is it will help your SEO results. If you want to appear higher on google searches, this will help. It also makes your business look professional as it has to be verified by google in order to activate it.
From personal experience, our websites (B Double E, Bee Productive and Mrs Bee) have been getting much higher search results and more click throughs since setting up an account. We have separate Google Business profiles for each of our websites/business names.
2. It raises the profile of your brand
Anything that helps get your name out there and promotes your business is good news for you and your brand. This is a simple and effective way to get you and your business looking more professional. You can add your logo to your profile and images of you in your studio. It all helps your profile rank higher in google searches making your brand more visible to potential clients and customers.
3. It’s FREE!
Who doesn’t like something that is both free and useful?!
4. It’s easy and quick to set up (see the guide below)
I understand that techy stuff isn’t for everyone, but this really isn’t technical or complicated to do. It won’t take you long to get a basic profile set up.
5. Google Maps pin
This really helps to show your profile when people are doing a location search. You can add a specific address, or just a general location. However, you may not want to add your address if you work from home! Some business categories can only be chosen if you have a specific street address (eg. shops, recording studios etc). We used our registered business address (not our home address) so we could list Rob under ‘recording studios’.
How to set up your Google Business page
- Sign into the google account you want to use for your business (or set one up if you don’t have one).
- Go to Google Business and click the start button
- Enter your business name
- Enter your business address (see the note above to hide your address if you want to)
- Choose your business category – you can add more than one, but the fewer the better (‘Artist’ seems to be the closest thing to ‘voiceover’ that google has)
- Add your business details (any that you want to be available online)
- Choose how to verify your profile (there are a few options) so Google knows you’re a legitimate business. The postcard options takes a few days to arrive – when it sign into your business account and follow the ‘verification’ options. Your google business profile will then be activated.
Make sure you’ve added a description about what you do (don’t forget to use some keywords here too!) as this helps potential customers and clients see what you offer and it helps your SEO.
If you’re still not convinced you should have one, want help setting up your Google Business page or have any questions, contact Helen and she can help.